Jibsail Vase: Spectrum Black – Strivezy Exclusive
JEAN ELTON – JIBSAIL VASE IN SPECTRUM BLACK
Lois Jean and William Elton Barker are the husband and wife team that combine their middle names to produce the studio name - being convinced that “Jean Elton” is more “artsy” than the “Bill & Lois Pottery Company”
The unique serial number found on the bottom of each Jean Elton piece is reflected on the certificate of authenticity provided.
Originally designed using a computerized vector graphics program that balanced the volume on either side of its vertical axis for stability, the pre-model for this piece was created by assembling thin layers of cross sections and then making a plaster model from the resulting laminate.
Working plaster molds were then created into which the final object is slip cast, fired once to approximately 1800 degrees Fahrenheit and then hand - decorated by the artist, using underglazes applied with fine-tipped bottles and finished in a spray booth with a transparent matte glaze.
The object emerges from the final firing which requires approximately 2100 degrees Fahrenheit to take the work to its final form. Creating the largest versions of these pieces requires an overhead crane, but the resulting work is lightweight.
- Height: 10"
- Width: 10"
- Depth: 3"
- Weight: 2lbs
As a ceramic artist himself, our owner has a keen appreciation for the skill, creativity and effort that goes into creating pieces like those from Jean Elton. We love their beautifully organic, yet balanced pieces with bold color schemes. These stunning vases are the perfect addition to make a statement in any room and everyone who visits will want to know more about these captivating pieces of art!
PROUDLY MADE IN CONNECTICUT, USA
Note: This product will ship separately from other items on your order and may require additional processing time.
- High quality goods? Of course.
- Carefully and ethically sourced? Yes.
- Amazing customer service? The absolute top priority.
Strivezy is a small business, keeping things transparent and simple. High quality, quick delivery, and nice people. That’s what we’re aiming for and we always want to know if we’re hitting the mark!
On behalf of myself and Strivezy, thank you & welcome to our shop!
Jeremy Meadows, Founder
- We always strive to create something unique and different than what you can find anywhere else.
- We do our absolute best to source from natural, clean and sustainable brands that manufacture responsibly and give back to their communities.
- We will tell you exactly where each product is manufactured, not just imported.
- We’ve always liked using something different from everyone else, so we want you to have the same experience, our products are unique items that you can’t find at a regular retailer (like Amazon).
Strivezy is family-owned and we want every customer to feel that they’re treated fairly. If you have any questions or inquiries, let us know and we’ll be happy to help!